Praise God from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts;
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!
Canadian Thanksgiving weekend is upon us. DayBreak began yesterday by singing the words above, urging us to praise God and be grateful for the blessings He has wrought in our lives. We took turns reading “Thanksgiving Scriptures” recounting the many ways God blesses us and deserves our praise and gratitude, from Deuteronomy and Psalms and into the New Testament.
As they listened, women were asked to write down one blessing in their lives today. Be encouraged and blessed as you read what they shared.
- Good kids
- Loving, supportive husband
- A good, supportive, loving, sympathetic listener and understanding best friend
- Thank the Lord for the ability to walk
- To have Jesus Christ as Savior
- Health and a healthy family
- The freedom of Canada
- My church family
- A warm home and church to be on a cold day, and plenty of food on Thanksgiving weekend
- That God never gives up on me but continues to speak even when I fail Him
- SKYPE–because my family lives all over the world
- My parents-in-law: wonderful examples of strength and faith
- My husband!
- My children
- My father and mother!
- My Family!
- My home
- My friend and prayer partners
- My children and my amazing husband 🙂
- Having nothing to really complain about–4 kids who are healthy and loving to go to school
- My Bread Maker
- We have all our daily needs met
- Good friends who pray for my family.
- God spoke to me yesterday and I feel good this morning! 🙂
- God looked after renting my condo–so fast.
- All my kids are healthy and happy
- My parents’ generous babysitting 🙂
- My family’s health
- A beautiful grandson who fills my heart with joy
- Healthy children and grandchildren
- Thank you for giving us food, clothes, a great life. (ESL)
- Thankful that the Lord gives us a good life. (ESL)
- My family
- My husband
- A warm, cuddly bed
- Fresh garden tomatoes!
- Lovely raindrops on the ground
Blessings all–expressed in many ways by many women. As the rain soaks the ground today in Calgary, may the fact that you are loved by God and blessed beyond measure soak into your heart, bringing forth gratitude and praise from your heart, too.
Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,
always giving thanks to God the Father for everything,
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.